Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Necons - 1.5k - FIOS Assault


                                                                         (artwork from MajesticChicken on Deviantart.com)

Expect a bunch of Necron lists over the next couple days. I'm still refining my lists trying to find what works and I really won't know til I play test them. On Reddit.com/r/warhammer, I was reading how Anrakyr is a monster, so most of my lists today will include him.

-----------------------
HQ:
Anrakyr The Traveller -245pts
Catacomb Command Barge (80pts)


5x Crypteks
1 Cryptek of Transmorgificaton -190pts
1x Harp of Dissonance (25pts)
2 Crypteks of Storm
2x Voltic Staff (free)
2 Crypteks of Destruction
2x Lance (20pts)
1x Solar Flare (20pts)


Troops:
6x "Pyrrhian" Immortals -202pts
Tesla Carbines (free)
Night Scyte (100pts)

5x Immortals -185pts
Tesla Carbines (free)
Night Scyte (100pts)

5x Immortals -185pts
Tesla Carbines (free)
Night Scyte (100pts)

5x Immortals -85pts
Tesla Carbines (free)

5x Warriors -65pts

5x Warriors -65pts

Heavy:
Annihilation Barge -90pts
Gauss cannon (free)

Annihilation Barge -90pts
Gauss cannon (free)

Annihilation Barge -90pts
Gauss cannon (free)


TOTAL: 1492PTS



-----------------------



I decided to switch this list up a bit. The first thing you'll notice is the special character who is leading the army. His ability that allows him to control an enemy vehicle during the shooting phase is interesting and could be a lot of fun. He also has a Tachyon Arrow for early attempts at popping armor. Additionally, he has the warscythe and the barge to do normal Overlord shanangans. I'm not sure how I feel about the 65pt premium for him..time will tell.

I switched up my Crypteks a bit. The Transtek will go with one of the small warrior squads to sit back and slowly break armor. The other warrior squad will get one of the Destructeks. The other lance will go with one of the Night Scythes. The 2 Stormteks will also go with the night scythes to use their Assault 4 haywire weapons on vehicles which seems fun.

Annihilation barges do what they do best (Which is mostly dying) but they can try and criple some infantry and light tanks.

2 comments:

  1. I think a Monolith would go well if you're playing Night Shite transports. Walking on from the monolith is better than walking on from the board edge, if your bad at making 3+ cover saves or have no faith in your high-density armor 11. I know as an ork player, my best chance of killing a monoliff is powerklaws. I'd be doubly annoyed if I kill't a Night Shite, and some immortals jump out next to the monolith. Then I have to start making decisions.

    And decisions costs boyz lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually tried to fit a monolith into one of my lists today. I agree it would offer a good synergy while also providing a formidable cover save for 2 Annihilation barges. Unfortunately, at 200pts, it's hard to fit into a list. At 1750, I would highly consider it.

    ReplyDelete