Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Necrons - 1.5k - Dial-up edition


                                                           (artwork from MajesticChicken on Deviantart.com)


I'm trying my hand at larger Necron forces so this will be the first of several that I will be making. This is another experimental list that incorporates a few new units that I think may work out well.





------------------------------
HQ:
Overlord -130pts
Warsycthe
Rez orb


5x Crypteks -195pts
5x lances (50pts)
1x Solar flare (20pts)


Elites:
Triarch Stalker -150pts


Troops:
Warriors x5 -180pts
Ghost Ark (115pts)

Warriors x5 -180pts
Ghost Ark (115pts)


Immortals x9 -253pts
Tesla Carbines
Night Scythe (100)

Warriors x5 65pts

Warriors x5 65pts


Heavy:
Annihilation Barge 90pts
Gauss Cannon

Annihilation Barge 90pts
Gauss Cannon

Annihilation Barge 90pts
Gauss Cannon


TOTAL: 1488PTS


------------------------------



I'm short 12 points, but Necrons don't have much to fill that gap unfortunately.

This list has a little bit of everything. I havn't play tested the new Necrons enough to devise if this list will work or not.

The Overlord will roll with the Immortals in the Night Scythe. He'll use his Rez Orb to give the squad a 4+ resurrection protocol roll. The Warscythe just because it's awesome for 10pts and adds a bit of bite to the squad if someone wants to charge them (they will still get rolled, but the Overlord should eat a few on the way out).

Crypteks with lances and the solar flare; As per tradtion.

The Stalker provides some extra anti-armor and the Twin-linked abilities.

2 squads of Warriors in Ghost Arks. I originally wanted these to be full squads but dropped them down in favor the Night Scythe (I may regret that) and the extra Annihilation Barge. I have never used Ghost Arks before but I figured i'd try them out and see how they do. Frankly, I don't think they are worth the 115pts I paid since it does very little. We'll see.

2 small squads of Warriors to camp the back fields.

3 Annihilation Barges because I like them despite the being somewhat hit or miss.

I'm going to reserve rating this list as i'm unsure how it'll perform. Still new with this Necron business.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think taking five man squads of warriors with Ghost Arks is a good idea. That squad might not even get a chance to use the Arks regen ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I mess with lists, the more I hate Ghost Arks to be honest. Additionally, the squad would never disembark from the Ghost Ark unless it's destroyed or I wanted to try and switcheroo a hurt squad into the Ghost ark. For 115pts it pains me to take something that is essentially no better than a Rhino.

    ReplyDelete