Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Necrons - 1.5k - Connection-less Protocol


(artwork from MajesticChicken on Deviantart.com)

A slightly different list than before. This list introduces a few units that I have yet to see in action but looks fun regardless!

HQ:
Anrakyr The Traveller -245pts
Catacomb Command Barge (80pts)

Elites:
Stalker -150pts

Stalker -150pts

Troops:
6x "Pyrrhian" Immortals -202pts
Tesla Carbines (free)
Night Scyte (100pts)

5x Immortals -185pts
Tesla Carbines (free)
Night Scyte (100pts)

6x Warriors -78pts

5x Warriors -65pts


Fast Attack:
2x Destroyers -80pts

2x Destroyers -80pts

2x Destroyers -80pts

Heavy:
Annihilation Barge -90pts

Annihilation Barge -90pts


TOTAL: 1495PTS





This list utilizes Stalkers which on paper seem like a fantastic unit. You essentially have a Dreadnought with 2 multimeltas, a heavy flamer, and an ability that makes all units shooting at a "marked" unit gain the Twin-linked ability. They are a bit pricey but they seem worth the cost if they perform as well as i'd like them too. It's important to remember that this unit is a walker so in melee, enemies will be hitting his very strong 13 armor (unless of course they brought down the quantum shielding).

I'm bring along destroyers in this game. It's really hard for me to justify them as I view them similar to Tyranid Warriors. They are so expensive for a unit that will eat 1 missile and die. However, they are one of the few options that can unlock an ap3 weapon which may pay for itself despite it's range. Additionally, it's a guass weapon and can glance any vehicle on a 6 which is something I like to keep in mind though I never wish to rely on that trait.

I unfortunately had to drop down to only 4 troop choices which may bite me in the end. Additionally, there are no Crypteks, so you're really banking on those Stalkers and Anrakyr (who I described last post). Only 2     Annihilation Barges in this list but with the Night Scythes providing extra anti-troop it is somewhat a bust though I do wish I had more anti-tank :(


No comments:

Post a Comment